Landline Texting: Advanced SMS Solution for Support Centers
Customer support is one of the most important operations in any business, and this should not be ignored. Companies are currently using advanced tools such as call center software, CRM systems, ticketing solutions, etc. to provide the best customer support to their clients. I’m sure you agree and are also implementing some of these tools with your business. Well, did you know there’s another tool with extreme effectiveness, that many businesses are not yet taking advantage of? Statistics now show that text messaging is the #1 preferred customer support channel in the US.
Let’s understand the importance and benefits of landline texting.
Traditional Process of customer support
- Customer raises a ticket using the ticketing solution or by callingthe support center
- If the customer calls, they most likely reach an IVR or wait on hold
- Customer finally reaches the support department
- Customer support executives discussthe issue with the client
- The support engineers work to resolve the issue
During the resolution process, the client and the support engineer call each other to exchange information and updates. At the end of this process, the customer support executive then calls the client,tying both parties to a phone conversation, to provide updatesof the raised issue, and thenupdates the status internally.
Now, let’s have a look at the customer support process with landline texting
- Customer sends an SMS to raise an issue
- The text to landline solution sends an automated acknowledgmentmessage to the client and also notifiesthe customer support executive
- The customer care representative opens a ticket and coordinates with the support engineer to resolve the issue
During the issue resolution process, both the client, and the customer support executive can exchange information and updates via SMS and, or, MMS.No one is tied to a phone call or left on hold. Once the issue is resolved, the customer care representative can easily send an SMS to the client confirming the resolution and, if the SMS tool is not integrated with their internal systems, the executive cansimply cut and paste the text conversation internally.
Value Added benefits of a Text to landline solution for support centers:
- Customers can use their existing and already advertised main landline or toll free number for texting
- Convenience of texting
- Save time
- Reduce expenses
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Improve customer loyalty
- Neither the support executive or client is tied to a phone
- No long hold times for your clients
There’s no changes needed on your end to use ourlandline texting service. What’s more, you can easily integrate the landline texting solution with your existing system/s usingour API.
Trends are changing and it’s important to adapt to these changes. Start using landline texting for your support center. All you need to do is give us a call or shoot us a text at 1.800.797.3167 and our executives will be happy to guide you further.